Friday, July 23, 2010

The Lost Art of the Doodle

I doodle, you doodle, we all doodle.   I am  a creative person.   I feed my creative side as much as I can.  Its a nice release.  There is a time and place to be creative.....to doodle.  Instructions from your wife, girlfriend, or main squeeze......probably not the good time.   Meetings, instructions, training.....these all probably not good times to doodle.  Exams, quizzes, filling out divorce papers......yep, probably a bad time to let the creative side loose.  These are activities that need your undivided attention and your focus.  These activities also have one thing in common....BORING!!!!

You see, I go to the meetings with the best intentions.  My focus, my energy, my undivided attention.  Quickly that fades in to Fantasy Land.  My mind wanders, my left side brain takes over.  I day dream, I fantasize, I need a release.  I doodle........

I love these meetings and these trainings.  They allow me to feed my creative side.  Day dreams of cookies and thigh high stockings.  My mind starts to race and explore.  I start scribble on my note pad.  No, these aren't notes.  Come on, that would make more sense.  No, these are little creations of artwork.  After these meetings, just be prepared to repeat everything.  Or better yet, send me a follow up meeting notes in email.  Are you training me?  Be prepared to train me 42 times.

Are meetings and trainings bad?  No, they are a necessary evil of the office environment.  Go to your meetings and trainings with focus and an open mind.  But be prepared to let your creative side loose.  Learn to master both.  The art of meeting note taking and creative doodles.  When you do, show me how.   Just be prepared to show me 42 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment