Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Routine Monster

I have not realized that I'm SO set in my routines! WOW! I wake up everyday between 5:00-5:30am I take a shower, make coffee and eat breakfast. All before 6:00am. I watch Mike and Mike in the morning. Start getting ready at 6:45am. Check out Hannah Storm on Sports Center at 7:00am. Leave for work at 7:30am. WOW!!!

Even at my job its the same stuff everyday! Arrive at work 7:45am. I have reoccurring tasks to do for each day, each week and and each month. The same tasks everyday, every week and every month. WOW! Everyday, inventory levels, too high...too low. Sales reports, back orders, open PO's, overstock. AAHHHH!!!!! Its spread sheet hell sometimes. But yet again, its another routine. WOW!

Same routines on the weekends. Wake up early 5:00am-5:30am. Watch Sports Center. Watch College Game Day. Watch Sports Reporters. Watch NFL pregame shows. Its all the SAME! WOW!!! This cannot be normal.

Changes in my work place has made me take a step back and take a look at myself. I've been living my life with blinders on. Last week I had a four day weekend and I was going CRAZY!! I was a terrible grumpy old man last Monday. I was such an asshole. I was terrible. How in the hell do my kids and wife deal with me. Its so sad and funny. So sad that a small change, like vacation messes me up so bad. So funny that I let a stupid thing like this mess me up. Isn't vacation suppose to be a relaxing release from everyday life and routines. WOW, what the hell is wrong with me?!?!?! I'm vowing to change! Its been years of the same stuff everyday. Hopefully stepping back will not send me to the GRUMPY OLD MAN phase again. Maybe baby steps first? NAH! I'm going for it feet first off the high dive in the deep end.

WAIT! Is this a mid-life crisis talking?!?! Man I hope not.

My healthy life style change.....

Lost 1 more pound last week! WAAHOOOOooooo!! Still on the mend with my bad hammy. Still no exercise. But my hammy feels 10x better the last couple of days. Hopefully I can start my exercise routine again next week. WTF?!?! <---another routine! This is going to be tough change for me.

One of Jennie's school mom friends noticed I lost a lot of weight. That always makes me feel REALLY good. Lets me know what I'm doing is actually working. That is always a good thing.

I've been checking out Halloween costumes. But this year I haven't been looking at the plus size costumes. Its always the same. Fat Priest, Fat Pimp, Fat Zombie. It will be nice to get a cool no plus size costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment