Monday, November 9, 2009

From the Kitchen of Couch Potato Man - Penne with 3 Tomato Sauce



Here it is! The first test from the "Cooking Light" cookbook Jennie got for me. It was so easy to make. Only took about 20 minutes. Its perfect for the busy ass days we all have now.


The Ingredients:
Whole Wheat Penne
Sundried Tomatoes
Canned Diced Tomatoes
Roma Tomatoes
Garlic
Onion
Mozarella Cheese
Parsley
Basil
Salt
Pepper
Olive oil

I swapped out the regular penne for whole wheat penne. Better for your heart. I swapped out the goat cheese for mooooo-zarella. I've never had goat cheese. I don't know if I even want to try goat cheese. The recipe called for 2 cloves of garlic, but Jennie and I love garlic so I think I put in 5, it may have been more. It said to garnish with basil, but basil with moooo-zarella and tomatoes are a perfect combo.

Its so easy to make. Anybody can do it! Saute the onions and garlic. Add the sundried tomatoes, canned tomatoes and diced roma tomatoes. Don't forget to salt and pepper!!! Cook it for about 20 minutes until the juices are almost gone. Stir in the cooked pasta. Add the diced moooo-zarella, parsley and basil at the end. Stir again and serve! Topped it off with some grated parmesan cheese.
It was so damn GOOOOOD! And surpisingly filling. I grilled Ciabatta (<---I think that's how you spell it)bread on the BBQ to serve with it. Grilled spicy Italian sausage would probably be really good added to it. Maybe add some crushed red pepper to add a kick if you want it to still be meatless. MMMMmmmmm GOOD! Enjoy

4 comments:

  1. You have to use goat cheese. Silver Goat from TJ's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This from Cooking Light? I will eat the entire pot, and hopefully lose some weight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments! It is from the Cooking Light cookbook. I changed it a little bit to fit my taste, but it was very very good and very very very filling.

    ReplyDelete