Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year New Goals


Whoops!  I was doing so well.  Thanksgiving Day, bowl games, Christmas, more bowl games, New Years Eve, New Years Day bowl games, the aftermath is 9 extra pounds.  YIKES!  Chips and dip, beers, pizza, more beers, chicken wings, lots more beers!  Double YIKES!  9 extra pounds!  It so hard to take it off, but so easy to put it back on.  Not to worry though.  I have talked to a few of my friends on the healthy life style change and THEY all had set backs this last 4 weeks.  Some more than me and some less, but we all had set backs.   Its a new month and a new year. So back on track today. No not Monday, the changes start today

I'm not a big resolution person.  Why set goals that seem unrealistic?  Why set goals that should be part of your everyday life?  Seems like we set up ourselves to fail.  No one likes to fail and no one wants to fail.  But what the hell.  I have to set my goals for my healthy change, we'll see how I do on my others.  I'll set small monthly goals.  These seem more realistic. 

1.  Health - I currently weight 244.  My goal is to be 234 - 240 by end of month.  That is 1-2lbs a week.  Nice realistic goal.  I'll be eating  1700 - 1800 calories a day.  Exercising 3-5 days a week.  Again nice realistic goals.  I'll eat 4-7 servings of veggies and/or fruit a day.  <-----more of a challenge, have you tried eating this much?  Its not so easy, try it!

2.  Family -  Bring back movie night.  We used to have movie night every week.  Its fun, its entertaining.  Where has it gone?   I think its on the back of the milk cartons.  Movie night every week.

3.  Home - Get the house in order.  Clean and keep it clean.  This one will be tough on me.  I hate cleaning.  Its got to be done.  Do the dishes.  Mop the floors.  Clean the bathrooms.  Clean.  Did I tell you I hate cleaning.

4.  Work - Work harder.   Hard work leads to good things.  If I start to get bored, find something to do.  No more Facebook at work, no more Solitaire.  Break the habit.  Work hard and you will suceed.  This is a terrible habit I have gotten into.  I normally work very hard.  Break the habit first and I should be back on track.

5.  Financial  - Save more!  The economy is not changing.  It still stinks and sucks out there.  So save more!

6.  Personal -  Draw and paint.  I love art.  I've have gotten away from it over the years.  I'm going to start creating more!  I will make the time.  It might mean less online poker.  Less TV sports.  I will take the time to create more.  My creativity has gone to cooking, now I will allocate some for art.

So there it is.  My January goals. 

Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment