Friday, February 19, 2010

Healthy Changes

What a slacker I am.  I can't believe its been two weeks since I last updated my blog.  I like updating it.  I like attempting to write.  I suck at it, but I do find it entertaining.  So why no updates?  I'm just a big ass slacker.  That's the only explanation I have.  A big HUGE slacker.

Speaking of big.  I'm a litte frustrated again.  Actually a lot frustrated.  Since I decided to finally make a healthy change last summer, its been good.  I weighed a ginormous 265.  I've never EVER been that big.  I never thought that I was that big.  I've dropped 30lbs.  But now I've hit the wall again.  That stupid freakin' wall.  Its been nice, consistantly losing about 1/2 - 1 pound a week.  Some weeks gained, but I was always down at the end of the month.  This time not so much.  The thing that bothers me the most is I feel great.  My clothes are huge.  People are noticing the changes.  So why does it not reflect on the scale?  Thats the part that is very frustrating. 

Talked to my friend John again.  He's half the man that he used be.  He's always been good for great advice.  My first step is to not rely on the scale so much.  I know my body, I feel the changes.  Second step, take a picture.  I don't want to.  Who really wants to see that.  Even I don't want to see that.  A picture would be a great tool at how well I've progressed.  So twist my arm, hold me down, duct tape myself to the wall.  I will take a picture.  I believe I still have a picture from last year when I first started.  I would be nice to compare the two.

I've come a long way.  In pass months, if I wasn't losing any weight, I would be really down.  Which would end up me binge eating.  Now I don't let these little things affect me.  There will be ups and there will be downs.  A lot more downs then I would have even known.  I don't look back, I just move on and tackle the next day. 

I like food.  I LOVE food.  I hate dieting.  So I compromise.  I make better, educated decisions of what I eat.  I eat what I like (in moderation) and I most importantly, I exercise.  At least 5 days a week.  This has been the ONLY thing that has worked for me.  No fancy pills, no fancy drinks, not cabbage soup diet, Atkins, South Beach.  Believe me, I've tried some of these, great at first then major disappointment and failure.

Stay positive and be positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment