Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Love Hate Relationship with Running

Running!  Oh the world of runners.  You see them out there.  Two different breeds.

The Ultra Fit Ones
You know them.  You see them.  They are usually decked out in the latest and greatest running apparel.  Super fit.  No body fat.  Lean muscles popping all over the place.  Oh I'm jealous, I have seen the 18 packs run by me at the marina.  (Man crushing right now!)  Running in there own little world.  Sometimes they run in packs.  They seem so easy.  So free.  It comes naturally to them.  Pisses me off!

The Out of Shape/Losing Fat/ Trying To Be Fit Ones
Now these are my people.  You know them.  The workout shorts or sweats.  Any old raggedy ass T-shirt.  T-shirt must be big enough to hide all the flaws.  Curves, bumps, fluff.....all in the wrong places.  Running with purpose.  Running to not pass out.  Its painful.  It hurts.  Its not fun.  This is NOT on the must do hobby list.

I've picked up running again.  I've been running the last couple of weeks.  Its getting easier.  I don't like to use this word that much.....BUT I HATE IT!  Hate hate hate!!!!  I know its the way to faster fat burning.  I know its one of the best things you can do on your way to better, healthier lifestyle.  But damn it!  Running sucks ass!  One big, huge thing I have learned through this journey.  You don't like doing something, no matter how good it is for you, don't do it anymore.  If I keep going, I know I will get burned out on it.  I doubt it, but I may stop on this journey.  The fear of quitting because I hate running scares me.  I'm not running anymore.  I will continue to walk.  I may be the only man out the path power walking, but it will be something I don't hate. 

These will be the only reasons I run:
1.  Angry knife wielding wife.
2.  Natural disasters
3.  Spiders

Other than that, I'm not running anymore!  This ends my running career.....well maybe.  (The Brett Farve coming out of of me).

The walks have gotten easier for me.  I'll need to step them up.  Going to add some weights for my walks.  Walk longer, walk faster.  Don't let the little old ladies pass me.  Walking has been one of the best things for me.  I crave variety, I will keep trying to new things.  Scratch running off the list.  I will give rollerblading a shot.  Those guys look like they are having lots of fun.

Play hard and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment