Saturday, August 21, 2010

From the Kitchen of Couch Potato Man - Chocolate Cherry Heart Healthy Cookies

I can cook, but I don't protend to be a baker.  Can I make cakes?  Can I make cookies?  Can I make pies?  Of course!  They fit nicely in my grocery cart from the bakery section in your local grocery store.  Seriously, it doesn't take rocket science to read directions off the back of cake box.  You don't need a degree in engineering to buy a tube of cookie dough and make cookies.  Do you really need to be a mathetician to understand what temperture to defrost your pumpkin pie from the frozen food section?  Well obviously you do!  I screw up all these things all the time.  Pretty damn sad that there is good chance I will mess up cookies from a tube! 

Let me introduce you to Chocolate Cherry Heart Healthy Oatmeal Cookies!!!!  So easy, even my dumb, non baking ass can make them!  2 of my kids like them a lot!  My wife loved them.  These are damn good!  I HEART OATMEAL COOKIES!!!  Not only are these cookies damn good, but they are, really, really good for you!  Shhhhhhh, don't tell my kids!  Tons of heart healthy, cancer fighting, antioxidants ingredients in these cookies. 

I will tell you.  I didn't follow this recipe word for word.  I did a couple of swap outs. I swapped out the dried cherries for dried cranberries.  I just couldn't justify paying $7.00 a pound for dried cherries.   $7!  Are you crazy!  I'm not spending that much on dried cherries.  I also swapped out the bitter sweet chocolate for dark chocolate.  Bitter sweet chocolate is gross.  Shockingly to me, dark chocolate has a lot of health benefits.  Antioxidants and helps lower blood pressure, sounds good to me!

Get your Cliff Claven on!  I don't normally do this, but I've gone link crazy!  So much info out there!  Here is some of the many things I pulled out of outer space.

Health Benefits of Dark Chocolate

Did I already tell you!  I HEART OATMEAL COOKIES!!!
Eating cookies makes me......


.....have a big watermelon grin.

2 comments:

  1. will get my dumb, sometime baking ass to try this recipe. Thanks for saving me money on the cranberries. Where do they sell dried cherries?

    xo,
    Greta

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've only seen dried cherries in the bulk food section. SUPER expensive. 4x the cost of dried cranberries.
    XoxO

    ReplyDelete